Progress Report with Lovely Photos

What have I been up to lately, you wonder? Spring and early summer were filled with weekend after weekend of arts and crafts fairs and farmers markets, which I am pleased to say I survived. As I haven't provided you with any eye candy in awhile, here's a glimpse into that world....

I have also had a robust stream of custom orders flowing in to keep me busy when I am not manning my fair booth on weekends. Last month I completed a long-distance order from a mother of the bride. She sent me photographs of her wearing her dress so I could see the length, neckline, and design and also included several close-up shots of the fabric colors and patterns. I spent DAYS researching stones looking for beads with just the right color balance and scale. I was overjoyed when I found several strands of Moss Aquamarine faceted rondelles. The colors were muted and perfectly complemented the dress rather than overpowering it. I knew that along with larger faceted lemon quartz nuggets I had hit my mark, and my customer agreed. I texted her several selfies while in progress to check on the length before fastening the necklace with a 14KY clasp and end bars. Quite stunning, if I do say so myself ;) Out in the mail it went, and the mother of the bride has since had time to try it on with her dress in the comfort of her own home. She says it's absolutely perfect. I'm hoping we will see some photos from the wedding soon!

Most recently I reworked a dyed bamboo coral necklace that a customer purchased elsewhere. She loved the bold color of the coral, but the necklace was difficult to wear because of the large pieces around the back of the neck. She wanted something bright and comfortable. Via text I provided her with two options of complementing stones - lapis lazuli or dyed turquoise. She selected the lapis and requested that I include some sterling. Again, before finishing the necklace off I took a quick pic (please excuse the pink shirt with the red necklace!) and texted it to her to see if she liked the length. She wanted it longer, I added a little more sterling, and voila!